Cute as a button

I have finished off and sent my button jewelery swap. My partner was Pennydog who makes the coolest resin jewelery, incorporating all sorts of treasure. She had mentioned on her blog a love of liberty print fabric so I ordered some from E-bay and bought some gorgeous glass buttons which are handmade by a local pal. I ended up with a choker, cuff and brooch, with a couple of button rings because- well how could I not!? As fate and luck would have it our parcels crossed in the post and I opened mine to find this; A gorgeous ditsy print embedded, used to cover a button and co-ordinated to make a lovely necklace, wool, fimo buttons, pink resin star magnets and Chocolate!! This has been another fantastic swap so a big thanks to Incywincy. I shall have such fun wearing my necklace and making something cool for ME with the ace buttons. I also plan to make a scarf with the wool, something to match the necklace. I have been having a really nice time playing with wool and making new scarves for the winter fairs. I haven't made a scarf to sell before but have been asked for them so thought I'd give it a go. I have been knitting plain ones on a very large circular needle, working along the length so as not to let the scarf stretch and distort. I also had a go at crocheting a scarflet type lariat thing- somewhere between a scarf and necklace. I love these! I have made a matching brooch to go with each scarf, something to make them a little more attractive and I can see these looking so nice under a smart jacket, with the brooch on the lapel, or over a jumper with brooch pinning the scarflet together. It is all fairly mindless and soothing and just what I need right now. Perhaps a little fool- hardily I now have three swaps signed up for and to complete, but am feeling really excited about all the making possibilities and reveling in coming up with all sorts of wild plans and possibilities. Making is my refuge and I am enjoying letting it sooth me.











Comments

Pomona said…
Lots of lovely things - very imaginative and creative. I have also followed your example - 3 swaps and a PIF - oh dear! Not to mention Dottie Angel's challenge! I need more hours in the day.

Pomona x
acereta said…
eautiful little things! So cute!
Dotty said…
hmm i love the idea of swaps , you lucky thing. having only just joined the online craft community and bloggerville this all very new and exciting to me!!
Karen said…
busy as ever I see. The drugs must be working!
wonderwoman said…
wow you are busy and such lovely goodies - i'm in a couple of swaps as well, plus there's all the things i want to make for the 'C' word - way to early to say it yet!!!
Lululiz said…
Fabulous, those pieces are so funky, bright and cheerful, love them!

Popular Posts