A little seedy

This is a small selection of my experimental work on a Pomegranate. I have come thtough a long process of cutting, sketching researching and sampling with these jewel like fruits.

I loved the colours, from golden to crimson and from the matt exterior to the luscious seeds within.


I wanted to contrast the crusty brown at the bottom of the fruit....with the glistening interior.
I finished up with a very simple bag, the interior is quilted satin with seed pearl pips, one side of the exterior is reverse applique with hand stiching and the other velvet with machine and hand stitch. The cord for the bag is machined sari silk couched on with the occasional bead. The closure for the bag is a pieced of the fruits dried skin drilled through and attached with beads.

I still have one more experimental piece to complete before I get going on to my final resolved work. I am currently looking at Anglo Saxon disc brooches. I am having a ball. I have been going through the process of looking for a new job and have now found one. Job hunting is hard on the soul so stitching has been more important than ever to provide an escape. I am also looking forward to a visit to the Knitting and Stitching show in a couple of weeks. Are you going up? How much money do you reckon will get spent!?

Comments

Lyn said…
You have been busy! I love the process you go through to get to the end piece. xxx
Lyn said…
Gosh doesn't time fly? I have been a bad blogging buddy and I'm just flicking through my blog list,and found you again. Hope that you had a good Christmas and your studies are still going well?
Xxx
Gemstone said…
Unique Designs Awesome Posts.

Amit lamba
Amit lamba

Popular Posts