Spring loveliness


As part of my 'make the day less shit' campaign I also bought this cute divded dishy platey thing (honestly I should be in advertising) from the charity shop. It was £8, I tell you this because I thing that this partcular charity shop takes the mick a bit on price and some days you seem to get the 'yes we quite like the look of you' discount and other days you don't! Of course it is for charity so I didn't haggle or anything! The Primroses and forget me nots on this are really chumbly and I fancy having a go at makng some matching napkins or a fabric roll basket type thingammy. Coo I feel so much better!

Comments

Sherrin said…
ohh what a lovely find! Looks like something you could drag out for high tea! do you have a cake stand or something to go with it?? :o)
jennyflowerblue said…
I do indeed have a cake stand, a similarly retro glass job, also from a charity fair I have used it as a stand at craft fairs. Our house is a bit dangerous for lovely things but I remember being served lunch on plastic bunny plates when I first stayed at my boyfriends house at 19 and am determind not to do that to my children!
Sharon said…
I think that could catch on as a catchphrase! Our Oxfam shop is like that, so expensive with snotty staff I keep thinking I've wondered into a boutique on Bond Street!
Daisie said…
Sorry you had a crap day!
The dish is lovely and I just had to tell you that I too have a cake stand, it is delightfully childish and at first I wasn't sure if I liked it or not. See it in my blog under 'Happy Birthday Francesca'
Hopefully no more bad days for a while now....
jennyflowerblue said…
Daisie your cake stand is much cuter than mine! Hope you'll get it out again for Simons royal birthday on Saturday. Is he having a Ferrari cake? Or are you atempting a dragon? Do we get photos of the tatoos, or would that make your blog a totally different kind?
Daisie said…
The cake stand may well come out and I did make him a red racing car cake (would be wrong to call it a Ferrari) last year but it won't be as exciting this time!
Swirlyarts said…
Oooooh that's pretty. I love charity shops too!

Popular Posts