One bought, one won- too lovely!

I made an October pay day Folksy purchase and sought out a bit of undiscovered talent. I found Lou Peajeux- what a treasure, stationary badges and mirrors all made from really quirky illustrations- the pheasants card I chose is absolutely perfect for an Uncle of mine, and I know will appeal to his sense of humour- I would rather send a witty card than a 'humorous' card any day. I can definitely seeing me buying more here as I have a whole family to whom I think these lovely makes would appeal!

I am also really pleased to have won Lupins giveaway on her blog Bugs and Fishes. I really like Laura's work and although there are other makers also using felt and beads there is something particularly nice about her designs and again the quirky nature of things such as her moustaches and masks. I do seem drawn to the oriental and have liked this cherry blossom design since I first saw it. I asked Laura to post my prize to my parents house as I wanted this brooch to go to my Mum, she is much more elegant than me and has a real weakness for a nice jacket so I knew that she would both appreciate the design and model it with more panache than I. A big thanks to Laura for making Mum and me two happy chicks.
Both these lovely pictures have been 'borrowed' from Folksy- thanks ladies. x

Comments

Simply H said…
The cards looks lovely Jenny, I will have a nose at her shop! The brooch is gorgeous too, such lovely colours - well done you!x
Lyn said…
It's lovely when you find just the right thing for someone, isn't it?
The brooch is so pretty, bet your mum loved it.
Love
Lyn
xxx
Pomona said…
I love Lupin's work - I have a couple of her beautiful brooches - they are really exquisitely made.

Pomona x
Michela said…
Wow! Congratulations on your win, Laura's brooches are so pretty!
Jackie said…
Congratulations. Lupin has been a flickr fave of mine for ages. So productive and ingenious.

Popular Posts