Watch the birdie

These three little birds represent the three new babies that have been born to friends and family this summer. Zac, Madison and Sebastian, three little stunners! These birds were made from a pattern in Sew Hip magazine- in the original they had dangley legs but I wanted these to be able to perch on a high shelf, as they are definitely not a toy! I have added a felt heart onto each. These really stretched me simply because I struggle with raggy edges, isn't it funny how doing something as simple as that can make you squirm?!
I haven't yet made a Folksy Pay Day purchase from Septembers pay day because I have been mulling over a new idea. I saw a while back that a U.S group were organising people to buy from a previously un-discovered Etsy shop, all in one hit, like a random act of consumerist kindness. I wondered if something similar would work with Folksy. I picture that I might have a little list of people who I would e-mail on the 21st of the month with a Folksy seller who we would 'hit', they would have at least 6 items in their shop and they would have items for under £10. Ideally they would not yet have made any sales but I would be looking for others than just brand new sellers. It would be optional to join in each month, no pressure. If you like what you see in the shop you could make a purchase within the next 48 hours- then I would do a blog feature on the sellers shop. Because of the way Folksy works this would increase the sellers visibility for the future as well as making them all warm inside from having a sale. I would obviously be trying to find sellers with high quality items, this is not sympathy buying, just supporting fellow makers and starting a little Christmas shopping perhaps? Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks xx






Comments

Jackie said…
Oh my goodness!!! These are beautiful. I saw your comment on Daisie's blog and I think its the other way round.
Make more.
Jackie said…
PS The folksy idea is a great one. My folksy shop has been static for ages and I don't know how to increase visibility but at least I have had a few sales, so it would help other sellers get publicity.
Mary Poppins said…
Lovely birdies Jenny, well done :)

Off to email you :)
wonderwoman said…
cute bird - i love Sew Hip - great mag!

xx
Lululiz said…
The birds are gorgeous, the second one is definitely my favourite, such lovely colours.
Oh I do love those birdies!!

I haven't bought Sew Hip in agesssssss I may have to go and have a sneaky peek later in the week - hey that rhymes!

Nina xxx
the birds are fantastic...

and gosh, you are such a kind soul...i don't think i can purchase from folksy here? but i can tell you that your idea would really encourage struggling/beginning folksy sellers...mom and i had an etsy shop for awhile and didn't have a single sale...very discouraging...it made us sad...=(...

the world definitely needs more random acts of kindness, huh?
Gina said…
The little birds are gorgeous! Great idea for Folksy... might encourage me to join as I've virtually given up with Etsy.
meplusmolly said…
Sweet Tweets!! ;)
I think the folksy idea is a good one to help promote sellers and their work, I think I remember seeing that idea on etsy, I thought it sounded like a lovely idea then too ;0
Michela said…
Hi Jen! I'm your rainbow swap partner! Just to inform you that I couldn't post your parcel this week,too much busy, I'm really sorry! I will send it on Monday!
Have a fantastic weekend!
Pomona said…
I think that is a lovely idea - whenever I buy something nice from a crafter I try to make sure that I put it on my blog to give them some extra visibility, as I know how difficult it is to publicize your work when you are a small operation.

Pomona x
Mary Poppins said…
The fabric is scrummilicious, I love it :) Thanks too for the lovely bag :) Yes I shall keep my little hands on that if you don't mind it is gorgeous ;)

I shall have fun making for you, what though, I haven't a clue lol

No I do really, honest :)

Yours is in the post

Hugs

X
nila said…
Hiya,

I've not really been keeping up with your blog just occasionally having a quick look to see what you've been making. I looooove the little birds and I think they'd make great Christmas presents (hint hint). I like the folksy idea too and I'd be up for taking part.
Karen said…
lovely birds!

Popular Posts