It's all right- babies coming back


The Right-Handed Embroiderer’s Companion by Yvette Stanton is the sequel to the left handed version. I am right handed but have a copy of the left hand edition which I have previously reviewed here. These books are exceptionally clear in their directions and stitches are shown worked in all sorts of different ways and in sample to really give inspiration for their use. I am finding

this book invaluable in my City and Guilds stitch samples. I have already got a few stitch dictionaries in my library, including the classics, but this is my first choice now as it is so bright and light

and well indexed. I would highly recommend this for other students and teachers. Both the right and left handed embroiderer’s companions are superb.

The samples pictures are those which I've completed for my running stitch exploration, showing traditional use and more free use. I have masses of these samples to complete for all variety of stitches so I can see my copy of this book getting well thumbed over the next few months!

Comments

Colette said…
You are great at reminding us all how the simple running stitch can actually be so interesting (and make the thought of doing the course even more tempting.

Dorset is clear and bright today, but mighty chilly.

Another addition to the Amazon wish list.

Maybe I should put a link on the J's computer to it so that they actually know what their Mum might like for Christmas......
Gill said…
Thanks for the recommendation!
Gill
Yvette Stanton said…
Thanks for your kind words about my left and right-handed stitch dictionaries. Its great to hear that the right-handed one is so useful to you.

I'm so pleased you love the index - I worked hard on it because I love a good index too!

Once upon a time when I worked for a publisher, there was one book we did that was given what they called a "light index", which basically meant it was so minimal as to be mostly useless! I knew then that no book of mine would ever have a "light index".

Yvette Stanton
Vetty Creations
www.vettycreations.com.au
www.vettycreations.com.au/white-threads
www.facebook.com/vettycreations

Popular Posts