For Auld Lang Syne

Happy new year one and all! What a gorgeously hectic festive season it has been. We have had family staying and spent time with great friends. We have eaten, drunk, watched a tiny bit of telly and played masses of board games. The house got to a level of tidiness which I had previously thought impossible- and is fast returning to it's 'natural state'. I have made soup, disastrous Brandy butter and thanked the great god Waitrose for providing a stress free cooking experience of Christmas Eve and day.
I had hoped to show you pictures of Dad's finished Quillow, and the Baktus and necklace I made for Mum- but I was a dumb ass and didn't photograph them before wrapping them. Both my folks seemed really chuffed with their gifts and my big brother even said he'd like a quillow too, so he has chosen some fabric from my stash to give me a clue as to colour direction. I was lucky to have some lovely gifts which will fuel the crafting fires into 2011; some books, wool and threads etc. I know with the City and Guilds rolling on I shall never be short of inspiration. The course has definitely affected my blogging habits- I just seem to be pouring all my energies into it, which I hope you don't mind- I shall endeavour to keep things ticking along here.
I have not failed to notice that I now have only 24 hours until my 3rd blog anniversary and three posts until my 300th post. I will be having a giveaway- naturally. More thoughts on that to follow.
For now I shall leave you to contemplate the gentle river flowing off into the future, who knows where we shall be carried- (should be a laugh though!)

Comments

Karen said…
Sounds like you had a blast!! Best of everything to all of you xxx
Lyn said…
Happy New Year to you all too!
I like the idea of floating away into the future!
love
Lyn
xxx
Daisie said…
Glad you've had a lovely time, we've missed you, can't wait to see where 2011 takes you on your stitching journey xxx
wonderwoman said…
a very Happy New Year to you and your lovely family - so nice to have you back!

xxx
Colette said…
Best wishes for a fantastic New Year. may it be full of lovely things. And that reminds me, i need to pull my finger out and do my very belated give away!!
Hey you missus - Happy New Year.

Doesn't it seem daft that we live literally just down the road from each other......doh!?

Here's to 2011 and all that she brings - I still have tea and cakes pending. I'm thinking sod the weather lets just make a date.

take care and big hugs to you all.

Nina xxx

Popular Posts