Where did you get that hat where DID you get that smile?



20 to make Knitted Beanies by Susie Johns; this book has been such a hit between Mum and I that we have now knitted three of the twenty hats! There is a really good mix of patterns.  Everything from a pretty silly alien hat to the really sophisticated blossom beanie which Mum has been wearing with her usual panache I have, as yet, completed my two hats on two needles but there is a little lacy cap which would be a perfect project on which to try out a circular needle or even….some double end-eds!! The instructions are very clear and the amount of yarn needed is modest so these would make lovely presents, or the book a good gift for someone who is needing to build their knitting confidence. I am happy with my slouchy beret but tried to knit the other hat in fairisle, my tension was all shot which has distorted the shape. I have to stress this is my up-tight fault and in no way the fault of the pattern! I also like that these patterns can simply be knitted in a different wool weight to make the adult patterns suitable for children and vice versa. All in all another book shelf gem in this affordable range, as long as I can keep track of whose bookshelf it is currently upon; mothers or my own! 
I have no idea why Anna looks possessed in this photo- it might have had something to do with me asking for a nice toothy smile! 

In other news, we have accepted an offer on our house in Sandwich. If the survey is problem free (are they ever?) we should be able to start looking for our permanent Dorset pad in the new year. It is so exciting to be dreaming of all the things we'd like to do in a new place and luckily Simon and I have a similar outlook on decorating. We have the job of packing everything up when we go back at half term, which will be hard I'm sure and goodness only knows what treasure might be uncovered in the loft but this is he final physical tie to Kent and it will be a relief to be able to pop back with the sole purpose of hanging out with lovely friends. 

Look after yourselves! xx

Comments

trash said…
Loving yr hat work. Am currently knitting the hat designed by my lovely 6yo friend. I dunno, I reckon she could get a book deal based on this pattern!
Lululiz said…
Love the hats! I don't think I could attempt anything like that with my VERY basic knitting skills. You must be so happy to have a buyer now, and excited about house hunting in the new year.
Annie said…
I love the hats Jenny. Clever you. Good luck with the house buying and selling.
Hugs,
A x
Colette said…
Books sound really lovely. I am in the process of getting various things finished to go on a couple of craft stalls I am sharing in the run up to Christmas. I also have the delightful pleasure of packing up all my cottage as I'm going to move in with Tim in the new year. So I will be doing the opposite. Getting ready to sell a lovely cottage in sunny Bridport, 3/4 bedrooms, kitchen diner, dining room, lounge, 2 wood burning stoves front and 150 ft back garden, poly tunnel........

Any tips to getting it ready to sell appreciated!!

Have a lovely week.

Popular Posts