More toggles than Paddington's duffle coat!

Toggle-tastic! Here they are in all their impractical glory. I think some of these would be fairly functional, others I can see as a notebook closure, something like that. So here's a run down; I knotted some plaited paper string at either end,
next a strip of felt wound and beaded, also a small tube of fabric, stuffed, gathered at either end and beaded.
I struggled and broke a needle making this rolled leather toggle, but I do love the texture, and the smell. I remembered making these fire lighters as a child from newspaper, this one is made in posh paper and rubbed with a gold ink pad.
I wired and beaded a bead for a very spiky toggle. I also found some narrow plastic tubing which I packed with threads and pierced. I really liked this toggle and the contrast of textures, I will definitely be returning to this idea.
Finally I went bonkers with some silk cocoon strippings. I wrapped it in ribbon, added some buttons and used scobidou to make a loop for attaching. This is deeply impractical, very frivolous, I'm not sure it's even a toggle- but I do like a little pink stupidity!

On this very theme I am planning a swap for the new year. It will be my blogversary in January and I hope to have a 'Flamingo's for February' swap. This will be a KITSCH swap. So how about it....hands up for a spot of deep winter tackiness!

Comments

chaucer1066 said…
Those toggles look amazing, you are obviously a really talented embroiderer. :-)
jennyflowerblue said…
Thank you very much Chaucer 1066- fancy a snog? x
trash said…
Yes definitely more. My Paddington only had two toggles on his jacket.
trash said…
Yes definitely more. My Paddington only had two toggles on his jacket.
jennyflowerblue said…
You poor deprived wee lass! x
Karen said…
absolutely fantastic and innovative toggles!!! Wishing you and yours a wonderful Christmas!!

Popular Posts