dem bones is in de bag

Herringbone stitch that is. This was cool, again lots of new ideas, I like the overlaying and working through buttons. 

In other crafting news we had a Valentine swap at the Chain Gang. It was really nice as everyone took part to make a little gift. In my quest to share my favourite bloggy hang outs I made some poochie bags from Happy Zombie, this site has lots of free tutorials and everything I have made from it has come together nicely. The bag below is now for Anna's dance kit and my friend Sarah has the one above for her crochet. If you need to make something for a swap, or want to use a few pretty fat quarters then Happy Zombie is certainly worth a visit.


It hasn't just been herringbone stitch that I have finished off. I have also made a more restrained free cross stitch sample. I think this looks kind of 60's ish?

This is my French Knot sample, I used a variety of monochrome fibres to build the sample and I am really pleased with it. I have more work to do with bullion knots and have just submitted pekinese stitch. It really is all go here! 
I had got my knickers in a right old twist about my City and Guilds deadline and how in the name of all that is holy I would possibly get it done. I really hope we'll have a house move over the summer, perhaps even a major re-furb to undertake. Talking to my tutor it would seem that I may have to re-register with City and Guilds to set the clock back to zero again. I really don't want to still be working on this qualification in three years time, but it is good to know that I will still have time for some light hearted stuff and I won't have to compromise on exploring my ideas to the full. 
How are you guys then? Are you keeping well? 

Comments

Daisie said…
Plodding on, smae old etc.
Am really loving your little french knots. making my fingers itch.....
Annie said…
Wow Jenny. I really love all the fab things you have been working on. Such treasures in the making. We hope to move too so know just where you are coming from. Fingers crossed it all works out wekk for us both :-)
Hugs,
A x

Popular Posts